Collection and Use of Personal Information
What Information We Collect
The information we collect varies depending on the type of activity you are performing on our Site or how you use the services. At times we will collect personal information from you and in other instances our Site will collect other information in order to deliver our services or as part of operating this Site. WELS may collect personal information from you when, for example, you request a financial product or service, make a charitable donation, request information from us or ask that we contact you, or apply for a job. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, address, email address, mobile number, credit or debit card information, social security number, and date of birth. We aggregate and de-identify personal information for data analytics and other business purposes. Such aggregated and de-identified information is not deemed personal information.
In addition, we collect personal information such as your name, address, e-mail, phone number, demographic information, professional organization membership, and military status when you apply for employment with us through this Site. We may also collect information relating to your education and employment history when you submit that information as part of an employment application. Not all requested information is required, however, and we specifically indicate what information is required in order to submit your employment application.
Besides the information you choose to submit, our systems collect certain types of data automatically. This information gives us insight on how our Site is being used, as well as helps us understand how we may improve it in the future and does not necessarily individually identify you. We may collect information about your device, operating system, web browser, ISP, IP address, advertising identifiers, click activity, referring website, or region or general location where your computer or device is accessing the internet, to better serve you and to help us improve our Site and services. WELS may also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with its server and to administer its websites, analyze trends, track visitor movements, and gather broad demographic information that assists WELS in identifying visitor preferences. We may also collect information through cookies or other similar tracking technology to provide you with a personalized buying experience, facilitate our marketing efforts, or analyze how we can best provide you targeted information or promotions. This typically entails automatically gathering data such as any of the content you view on our website.
How We Use Your Information
Tell Network uses the information we collect on this Site to provide you with services requested or as required for membership, customize your online experience, and to improve the Site, our organization, and our products and services. More specifically, we use your information to:
- Provide informational, educational, or devotional content, including newsletters
- Communicate with you about our Site, services, or events
- Present you with marketing relating to our Services and more relevant display advertisements, and to share promotional events
- Conduct research and analysis to improve our Site and services
- Manage our services offerings, and assess the effectiveness of our marketing efforts
- Analyze and improve the content and functionality of our Site and services
- Improve our products, services, or organization
- Prevent, detect, or investigate security concerns, including fraud
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, or industry requirements
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it or consent
If at any time you wish not to receive any future marketing communications, or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, please contact us as indicated below. Note, however, that as a user of services, we will send you administrative communications that are reasonably necessary to the service, such as billing or service notifications.
How We Share and Disclose Your Information
We may share your information for our business purposes, examples of which are below.
- We may share information with third parties if you give us consent or permission to share the information. For example, we may list your personal information in our Yearbook or other member directory as requested or approved by you.
- We may share information with third parties who perform functions on our behalf, including support service providers, such as Site hosting, payment processing, data storage, marketing analysis, email and postal delivery, product and service delivery, analytics services, or other functions.
- We may share information in accordance with a business transaction. If we engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, other business transaction, we may share information subject to confidentiality arrangements.
- We may share information to prevent, detect, or investigate security concerns, including fraud.
- We may share information to comply with applicable laws, regulations, or industry requirements.
- We may share your information with law enforcement if required by law or in order to prevent fraud or other potential wrongdoing.
- We may share your personal information with our affiliates so that they may provide you information about products and services that may interest you to the extent allowed by applicable law.
- We do not share your personal information with other non-affiliated third-party companies for those companies to market their services or products to you.
- We may disclose or share your personal information in connection with an employment application to verify the information you provide
We may share de-identified or aggregated information collected from our Site with our affiliates or third parties to improve our products and services or our Site or for any other business purpose. WELS does not sell personal information to anyone and does not share it with any third parties for their marketing purposes.
Your California Privacy Rights / Do Not Track
California residents visiting our Site may request that we not automatically gather and track information pertaining to their online browsing movements across the Internet. We do not track users through cookies or other tracking technologies across the internet. Third parties may collect information about you across different websites, including our website. California Law also permits California residents to opt-out of our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes or to learn the categories of recipients and information disclosed. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Your Access to and Control Over Your Information
We enable you to have access to and control over the accuracy of your personal data. You can access, correct, update, amend, delete or request deletion of your personal data by emailing us at email@example.com or by contacting us at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
We will retain your personal data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services. Moreover, we will retain and use your personal data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Leaving Our site And/Or Linking To Third Parties
Because our Site is secure, your browser URL will inform you if you are leaving a secured portion of the Site. When you leave this Site and go to another linked site, we are not responsible for the content or availability of the linked site. Please be advised that we do not represent either the third party or you, if you enter into a transaction on the third-party site. Further, the privacy and security policies of the linked site may differ from those practiced by us.
Children Under 13 Years Old
This Site is not directed at or intended for use by children under 13 years old. Tell Network does not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of a parent or guardian. If Tell Network is made aware of such a situation, Tell Network will delete such information and/or attempt to contact a parent or guardian.
International Transfer of Information Collected
Data Security and Storage
To help protect the privacy of data and personally identifiable information you transmit through use of the Site, Tell Network maintains technical, administrative, and physical safeguards. Tell Network updates and tests its security on an ongoing basis. Access to your personal data is restricted to those Tell Network employees who need to know that information to provide benefits or services to you. In addition, Tell Network trains its employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. Tell Network commits to taking appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce its employees’ privacy responsibilities.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.